At the Orthopaedic Institute at North Shore-LIJ Health System in Long Island, New York, our spine specialists are correcting and repairing many of the most challenging conditions of the back and spine.
World-Class Orthopaedic Care
Our spine doctors have advanced subspecialty training in the orthopaedic conditions of the spine. They have the full dedicated support of an orthopaedic "best of class" team of anesthesiologists, nurses, radiologists and rehabilitation specialists who collaborate to provide state-of-the-art care in spinal treatment. Together, our spine specialists have all the resources for the most successful treatments and outcomes.
Advanced Surgical Solutions
The skilled spine surgeons at North Shore-LIJ Orthopaedic Institute perform a wide variety of spine surgeries featuring less invasive procedures that are safer and easier on our patients. Our operating rooms and hospitals practice the most advanced, effective infection control procedures to ensure optimal conditions for surgery and recovery.
- Discectomy – provides relief from herniated discs in the cervical and lumbar regions of the spine
- Spinal fusion – corrects problems and stabilizes the vertebrae of the spine
- Laminectomy – removes all or part of the vertebral bone (lamina) to relieve compression of the spinal cord
- Spinal decompression – relieves symptoms caused by pressure, or compression, on the spinal cord and/or nerve roots such as herniated discs, collapsed disks, thickened joints, loosened ligaments and bony growths that narrow the spinal canal and cause pain
- Balloon kyphoplasty – provides relief from back pain for 90 percent of patients within 12 to 48 hours
Leading the Way in Innovative Treatment of the Spine
Complex surgical procedures on the spine are commonplace at North Shore-LIJ Orthopaedic Institute. With the vast resources of North Shore-LIJ Health System, one of the largest health networks in the nation, our spine doctors work at the leading edge of technological innovation the treatment of the spine. We bring the most promising orthopaedic procedures to the operating room every day, backed by our own extensive research studies and understanding of the spine. Our orthopaedic research scientists and practitioners are constantly shedding new light and offering new hope for patients with chronic back pain.
The goal of the Rehabilitation Network of North Shore-LIJ Health System is to help you find pain relief and get moving again after an accident, illness, injury or surgery. We’re your partner in a safe, healthy, more rapid recovery.