The foot and ankle specialists at the Orthopaedic Institute of North Shore-LIJ Health System provide a host of comprehensive medical services and procedures for patients suffering from diseases, disorders and injuries of the foot and ankle.
World-Class Orthopaedic Care
With a network of convenient locations, the Orthopaedic Institute serves a geographic area of over 7 million people in Long Island, Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island. Our highly training foot and ankle surgeons perform thousands of inpatient and outpatient procedures on the foot and ankle annually.
Our board-certified foot and ankle surgeons have advanced subspecialty training in foot and ankle surgery to bring relief and a better quality of life to our patients.
Our specialists have the full dedicated support of an orthopaedic "best of class" team of anesthesiologists, nurses, radiologists and rehabilitation specialists. Together, they have all the resources to provide the most successful treatments and patient outcomes.
At the Leading Edge of Foot and Ankle Surgery and Technology
The skilled foot and ankle specialists at North Shore-LIJ's Orthopaedic Institute regularly perform the most advanced surgical procedures for foot and ankle problems:
- INBONE™ total ankle replacement – During the revolutionary surgery, the surfaces of the ankle joint are replaced with metal, and a thick polyethylene spacer acts as a cushion in between the surfaces which allows for smooth stable motion through the ankle joint. The prosthesis is customizable by length and diameter to allow for a more individualized fit with minimal bone removal. It also features anchoring stems that secure the prosthesis in place and reduce the likelihood that the joint will loosen over time.
- Achilles tendon repair surgery is often used to repair a ruptured or torn Achilles tendon, the strong fibrous cord that connects the two large muscles in the back of your calf to your heel bone. Learn more about Achilles tendon injuries.
- Diabetic foot reconstruction surgery – For patients with advanced complications of diabetic foot (known as Charcot foot), this is an effective procedure to correct the deformities in the foot and prevent infections.
- Ankle and foot fusions – Procedures that fuse two or more bones together in the ankle or foot. The most common reason ankle fusions are performed is to correct damage of degenerative arthritis.
- Other surgical procedures performed by our orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeons include:
- Bunion correction
- Hammertoe correction
- Flatfoot reconstruction
The goal of the Rehabilitation Network of North Shore-LIJ Health System is to help you find pain relief and get moving again after an accident, illness, injury or surgery. We're your partner in a safe, healthy, more rapid recovery.